News- September 2014
Our fall season has now begun, please contact us to register or inquire for more details!
Telephone: 613.725.3451 email: email@example.com
- KARATE for Children and Youth
- KINDER JUDO (ages 4-6)
- JAPANESE BRUSH WORK starting September 9th
JUDO HIGHLIGHTS from the 2013-2014 Season
INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT RESULTS
- Sept 4-5 ‘14 -WORLD IBSA JUDO TOURNAMENT (for Visually impaired),Colorado Spring -. Tony Walby placed 7th and Priscilla Gagne lost to the eventual silver and bronze medalists. Congratulations to Tony, Priscilla and Coach Nathalie Gosselin. Thanks to all who helped them train and prepare for this event.
- April 20 2014 –INTERNATIONAL GRAND PRIX INFRAERO JUDO FOR BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED – Sao Paulo Brazil - SILVER: Priscilla Gagnon; BRONZE: Tony Walby
- Mar 1 -IBSA German Open Heidelberg – 2 bronze medals for Tony Walby and Priscilla Gagnon
CLINICS , GUEST INSTRUCTORS & CAMPS
- Aug 1-3 – Tony Walby hosted his annual Training Camp with guest IBSA coach Mitchell Kawasaki
- June 28-29 – NCCP DOJO ASSISTANT COURSE- Conducted by master coach, Andrzej Sadej
- Jan 30–visit by Janucz Palowski, Olympian & World medalist from Poland (now National coach) instructed his favourite techniques
- Jan 22 – NCCP FACILITATORS COURSE – Conducted By Andrzej Sadej
- Jan 13 –Akinori Hongo, former national team member of Japan– instructed his winning techniques
- Oct 9 – Pedro Guedes – Provincial training
- July 19 –JETAA SUMMER FESTIVAL - Ottawa City Hall - Kendo, Jodo, Iaido and Judo superbly demonstrated by instructors and students
- June 28 - CAPITAL CUP Demonstration at Brewer Park – featuring participants from Judo, Kendo and Aikido.
- April12 – CARLETON UNIVERSITY JAPAN NIGHT Demonstration – featuring participants from, Judo, Kendo, Jodo and Iaido
PROMOTIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- June 20 – JUDO CANADA PROMOTIONS – Congratulations to James Kendrick and Andrzej Sadej on achieving the high rank of shichidan (7th degree).
- Mar 22 – NATIONAL KATA CERTIFICATION – Congratulations to Brian Mitani – awarded the National Kata Judge certificate for Goshin-Jitsu & Katame no kata